Benefits and Importance of Physical Education | Body Fitness and Health
In the Present World of Space age and automation era, all human beings appear to be living a more and more inactive life. They ride instead of walk, sit instead of stand and watches instead of participants. Such type of inactivity or sedentary life is detrimental to mental and physical health. Thus, there is great need for physical education as a part of balanced living.
Following are the importance or benefits of physical education –
1. It is needed because due to advanced technology the lifestyle of people becomes sedentary and they become passive entertainer.
2. It is needed during childhood for proper growth and development.
3. It is beneficial during adulthood to maintain good health and fitness.
4. During old Age, it is important to prevent and treat various ailments and disease.
5. It is important as it provides us the knowledge of our bodies from musculoskeletal, physiological and biochemical point of view.
6. It teaches us various physical activities that can be practiced now in later life such as motor skills for the games and sports of volleyball, tennis, swimming and so on.
7. It also teaches us the value of ethical behaviour in sporting situations.
8. It teaches us the value of physical fitness and how to become physically fit.
9. It teaches us the value of physical fitness and how to become physically fit.
10. It is important for aesthetic reasons as by participation in physical fitness programmes like gymnastics and dance, beauty and grace in cultivated in the movement.
11. It is also important for catharsis reasons with mean releasing of energy, emotion, tension or frustration and some people let off their extra steam by participating in various games and sports which are part of physical education. This way physical education helps in checking juvenile delinquency.