I remember years ago when I was first introduced to the concept of MLM, Network Marketing. I fell in love with the concept, the training, the products, the team, the residual income, in fact everything about the industry just made sense to me. I loved the idea of people helping people to be successful.
So why is it that thousands of people work very hard in their MLM networking businesses and yet only a very few ever make any significant income. Why do the majority of people fail, yet they still hang in there?
Attracting people to easy money
Network Marketing has been attracting people wanting to earn some extra money to supplement the family income for years. Networking is something that is usually affordable and easy to set up from home. And herein lies the biggest problem. Because it is a very small investment most people don’t treat it as a business, but rather as a hobby. And we all know that hobbies “cost money” don’t we?.
What is needed for success
The first thing needed for any business along side of enthusiasm is “know how”! So to be successful, firstly you need to “know how” and then you need people in your business that also WANT to “know how”!
Recruiting is the reason people fail
Once the first waves of euphoria and enthusiasm of owning your own business wears off and you realize that to make a profit, product has to be sold, and new people have to be recruited into the business, well now what? Recruiting is a word that gets most people running for the hills. No one wants to be recruited, Not into the army, not into any type of sect, not into A—y or anything else that conjurs up a picture of regimentation.
So what is the answer to Attracting versus Recruiting? Attraction Marketing is the new way of doing business. Attracting the right people is “Key” to success. Attracting people that WANT to “know how” to be successful. Attracting people, that want to “learn” and are not going to give up at the first hurdle.
Recruiting, anyone that is breathing and keeping their fingers crossed that you are successful and your success will rub off on them if they hang in long enough.
Attraction Marketing Techniques ~ Explode Your Team
- Anything you can do that attracts people to you, rather than you having to find them, is called attraction marketing.
- Be a Leader…people need to know you are going to be there for them! People have a subconscious attraction to leaders and the qualities and values they portray.
- Be confident and knowledgeable, people are always looking for someone to teach them.
- Share your knowledge, the more you share the more people will gravitate to you! Learn, implement and teach.
- People seek out confident, knowledgeable leaders who are prepared to teach, train, coach and mentor them.
- The more valuable information you are prepared to share with people, the less prospecting you have to do.
The idea behind “Attraction Marketing” is to become – The Hunted – Not the Hunter! There is an old saying “Help enough people get what they want and you will get what you want.” The whole basis of attraction marketing is….help people, give value, share and you will attract, just like “bees to a honey pot” if you have what they want, they will seek you out!