A nursing assistant assists a medical specialist at the hospital. To work as nursing assistant, you are required to obtain a certification that can be got only after you have passed the certification exam from the nursing training institute that you are studying. The nursing training institutes usually provide flexible course options so that even if you are in a different profession now, you can still pass the course and obtain a certification as nursing assistant. However, if you are in a healthcare profession now, the professional experience will come useful later as it will be combined with a legal certificate that will provide more value to your cv. Before passing the nursing assistant certification test, the student is required to have a thorough understanding of both the theoretical as well as the practical aspects of the nursing profession.
As healthcare has proven itself to be a largely recession proof employment sector, therefore there are numerous organizations offering a certification training in nursing. The training period usually lasts from one month to one year, and it completely depends on the type of course that the student is applying for.
By the end of the nursing certification course, you will learn the different aspects of nursing that are required to be a professional nurse.
These different aspects include taking care of the personal hygiene of the patients, taking care of adults and children, taking care of the disabled, performing basic medical checkup of the patient, ensuring the safety of patients, consoling patients and the family members of patients, preparing the medical documents of a patient, communicating with the hospital administration, taking care of patients in coma…in short, the entire gamut of responsibility pertaining to the treatment of a patient.
A nursing assistant training can be obtained from various institutions who have designed these courses. Here is a list of the different centers for a nursing assistant training.
• The work force and continuing education department: This school has flexible payment schemes for helping the students. The school also pays for the student uniform, the transportation costs and also the daycare facility for the student who qualifies. The qualification requirements are that the applicant should have a low income and the applicant should be out of the high school and should be within the age limit of 17 to 21 years.
• Many nursing homes also offer this type of professional training. The nursing homes in fact offer free nursing certification courses, in return of a bond from the student that he cannot work anywhere else for a certain time period after the training is completed.
• Besides the nursing homes, many hospitals also have affiliations with local colleges or online colleges through which they support the training of students as nursing assistants.
• Scholarship programs for CNA training are also available. The applicants must pass a scholarship test before applying for the scholarship. The scholarship is designed to provide the fee, the cost of the uniform, the transportation charges or any other expenditure related to the course.
• Certain NGOs also work in this field, helping people to establish themselves in nursing assistance programs. These NGOs can also be approached for the purpose.