Education, as per the ancient ages comprises the learning of the Vedas, Sastras, medicine, sciences, music and subjects related to economy. For the purpose of acquiring proficiency and fame in the field of education, whatever may be the subject careful selection of auspicious moment is very essential. The following article discusses those auspicious moments related with education.
It must be noted, that in general, the beneficial constellations of education are the Mrigasara, Pushya, Punarvasu, Hasta, Aridra, Chitta, Sravana, Dhanistha and the Satabisha. Commencement of education needs to be avoided on Tuesdays and Saturdays at any cost.
The two types of Yogas and their combination which are indispensable for commencing education are as follows:
Saraswati Yoga: The following combinations produce the yoga:
a. Wednesday conflicting with the constellation of Hasta.
b. Mercury in deep exaltation with Wednesday in sunrise.
c. Mercury in the Lagna and in the 3rd quarter.
d. Jupiter in deep exaltation on any day apart from Saturday and Sunday.
Vidya Yoga: The following combinations produce the yoga:
a. Friday with Pisces in the ascendant.
b. Thursday with Jupiter in deep exaltation.
c. Any day when the Sun is placed in its own Hora.
In order to make the education successful, the following constellations need to be followed:
1. Learning Vedas and the Sastras: At time of studying the Vedas and the Sastras the Jupiter needs to be strong enough. The most auspicious moment to commence the education of the subject is the Pushyami, Dhanistha and the Sravana.
2. Learning Medicine: The rising sun or the navamsa should have its position either in the Mars or in the Sun. The affliction of the Saturn with Mars needs to be avoided. However, it is best to begin the study of medicine in the Dhanistha.
3. Learning of Astronomy and Astrology: The most auspicious constellations to commence the study are the Aswini, Punarvasu, Hasta, Swati, Moola and Revati.
4. Learning of logic, grammar and philosophy: The good constellations for studying grammar are the Rohini, Mrigasara, Punarvasu, Pushya, Hasta, Dhanistha and Revati. Mercury – the intellectual planet however needs to be strong. The auspicious constellations for the other subjects – logic and the philosophy are the Sravana, Moola, Hasta, Uttara and the Satabisha.
5. Learning Science: For the purpose of commencing any study of science any combination of the Saraswati and the Vidya yoga prove to be the best.
6. Learning the tactics of trade: Tuesday needs to be avoided and the ruling planet needs to be strong and free from all sorts of afflictions. The following are the occupations which are ruled by the planets:
a. Sun – members of political department, civil servants, lawyers, magistrates and the ministers.
b. Moon – all government activities, jewelers, nurses, midwives, pearls and precious stone dealers.
c. Mars – mechanics, warriors, army, soldier, chemist and druggists, carpenters, bankers and insurance agents.
d. Mercury – accountants, book sellers, teachers, authors and the mathematicians.
e. Jupiter – priests, councilor, learned men, judge and lawyers.
f. Venus – musicians, artists, actors and actresses and all lovers of art.